Activity in this area
Australian Bureau of Statistics. 4715.0 - National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Survey, 2018-19. Accessed March 2020; https://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/Lookup/4715.0Main+Features12018-19?OpenDocumentAustralian Bureau of Statistics. 2018. 4364.00.55.001 – National Health Survey, 2017-18. Accessed September 2016; http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/PrimaryMainFeatures/4364.0.55.001?OpenDocument
Australian Bureau of Statistics. 2014. 4727.0.55.004 – Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Survey: Physical Activity, 2012-13. Accessed October 2016; http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/4727.0.55.004main+features12012-13
Australian Bureau of Statistics. 2016. 4364.0.55.012 - Australian Health Survey: Consumption of Food Groups from the Australian Dietary Guidelines, 2011-12. Accessed October 2016; http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/Lookup/4364.0.55.012Main+Features12011-12?OpenDocument
Social Health Atlases of Australia: Population Health areas – Fruit intake data: Accessed March 2019; http://phidu.torrens.edu.au/social-health-atlases/data#social-health-atlas-of-australia-population-health-areas
Australian Government Department of Health. Nutrition and Healthy Eating. Accessed October 2016; http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/health-pubhlth-strateg-food-index.htm
Cancer Australia. National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cancer Framework. 2015
Available from: https://canceraustralia.gov.au/publications-and-resources/cancer-australia-publications/overlay-context=affected-cancer/aboriginal-and-torres-strait-islander-people/national-aboriginal-and-torres-strait-islander-cancer-framework
Cancer Australia. Optimal Care Pathway for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with cancer. 2018 Available from: https://canceraustralia.gov.au/publications-and-resources/cancer-australia-publications/optimal-care-pathway-aboriginal-and-torres-strait-islander-people-cancer
1. National Health and Medical Research Council (2013) Australian Dietary Guidelines. Canberra: National Health and Medical Research Council.
2. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare 2019. Australian Burden of Disease Study: impact and causes of illness and death in Australia 2015. Australian Burden of Disease Study series no.19. Cat. No. BOD 22. Canberra: AIHW.
3. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare 2016. Australian Burden of Disease Study: Impact and causes of illness and death in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people 2011. Australian Burden of Disease Study series no. 6. Cat. no. BOD 7. Canberra: AIHW.
4. Cancer Australia, 2015. Lifestyle risk factors and the primary prevention of cancer. Surry Hills: Cancer Australia.
5. Bowel Cancer statistics. Cancer Australia; 2019. Accessed March 2020; https://bowel-cancer.canceraustralia.gov.au/statistics
6. Australian Government DoHA (Department of Health and Ageing) 2005. The Australian Bowel Cancer Screening Pilot Program and beyond: final evaluation report. Screening monograph no. 6/2005. Canberra: DoHA.
7. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare 2018. Cancer in Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people of Australia. Cat. No. CAN 109. Accessed March 2020: https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/cancer/cancer-in-indigenous-australians/contents/summary
8. Pratt, S, DeMamiel, M, Reye, K, Huey, A & Pope, A 2014. Food Security in Remote Indigenous Communities, Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet, Report, no.2, ANAO: Canberra.
9. Scelza, BA 2012. Food scarcity, not economic constraint limits consumption in a rural Aboriginal community, Australian Journal of Rural Health, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 108-112.
10. Austraian Bureau of Statistics, 2018. Estimates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians, June 2016. ABS cat. no.3238.0.55.001. Canberra: ABS.
11. Brimblecombe, J.K. and O’Dea, K., 2009. The role of energy cost in food choices for an Aboriginal population in northern Australia. Medical journal of Australia, vol 190 no. 10, pp.549-551.