Activity in this area
Australian Bureau of Statistics. 4715.0 - National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Survey, 2018-19. Canberra: ABS; 2019; [Accessed May 2020]; Available at: https://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/Lookup/4715.0Main+Features12018-19?OpenDocument
National Drug Strategy Household Survey 2016. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare 2017. Canberra AIHW. Available at: https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/illicit-use-of-drugs/ndshs-2016-key-findings/contents/summary
Social Health Atlases of Australia: Population Health areas – Health risk factors, data; [Accessed October 2017]; Available at: http://phidu.torrens.edu.au/current/maps/sha-aust/pha-single-map/atlas.html
Cancer Australia. National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cancer Framework. 2015 Available from: https://canceraustralia.gov.au/publications-and-resources/cancer-australia-publications/overlay-context=affected-cancer/aboriginal-and-torres-strait-islander-people/national-aboriginal-and-torres-strait-islander-cancer-framework
Cancer Australia. Optimal Care Pathway for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with cancer. 2018 Available from: https://canceraustralia.gov.au/publications-and-resources/cancer-australia-publications/optimal-care-pathway-aboriginal-and-torres-strait-islander-people-cancer
Tackling Indigenous Smoking
Tackling Indigenous Smoking Resource and Information Centre
National Tobacco Campaign. http://www.quitnow.gov.au/internet/quitnow/publishing.nsf/Content/home
National Tobacco Strategy 2012-2018. Australian Government Department of Health. http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/tobacco-strategy
1. International Agency for Research on Cancer. Personal Habits and Indoor Combustions. Volume 100E. IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans. Lyon: IARC, 2012.
2. Stewart BW, Wild CP editors. World cancer report. Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer, WHO; 2014.
3. Australian Bureau of Statistics. 4715.0 - National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Survey, 2018-19. Canberra: ABS; 2019; [Accessed May 2020]; Available at: https://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/Lookup/4715.0Main+Features12018-19?OpenDocument
4. Cancer Australia, 2015. National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cancer Framework, Cancer Australia, Surry Hills, NSW.
5. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare 2019. Australian Burden of Disease Study: impact and causes of illness and death in Australia 2015. Australian Burden of Disease series no. 19. Cat. no. BOD 22. Canberra: AIHW.
6. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. 2015. The health and welfare of Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples 2015. Cat. no. IHW 147. Canberra: AIHW.
7. Cancer Australia 2015. Position Statement: Lifestyle risk factors and the primary prevention of cancer. Surry Hills, NSW: Cancer Australia.
8. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 1994. Preventing tobacco use among young people: a report of the Surgeon General (Executive Summary). MMWR; 43(No. RR-4).
9. Heris CL, Eades SJ, Lyons L, Chamberlain C, Thomas DP. Changes in the age young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people start smoking, 2002–2015. Public Health Res Pract. 2019 https://doi.org/10.17061/phrp29121906
10. Axelsson P. Kukutai, T. & Kippen R (2016). The field of Indigenous health and the role of colonisation and history. Journal of Population Research 33(1): 1-7.
11. Paradies Y (2016). Colonisation, racism and Indigenous health. Journal of Population Research 33(1): 83–96.
12. Colonna E. Maddox R. Cohen R. Marmor A. Doery K, Thurber K A. Thomas D. Guthrie J. Wells S. Lovett R (2020) Review of tobacco use among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Australian Indigenous HealthBulletin: 20(2).
13. Department of Health. Tackling Indigenous Smoking [Accessed May 2020]; Available at https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/tackling-indigenous-smoking
14. Hill D, White V and Effendi Y (2002) Changes in the use of tobacco among Australian secondary students: results of the 1999 prevalence study and comparisons with earlier years. Aust N Z J Public Health; 26(2):156–63.
15. Scollo MM, Winstanley MH 2018. Tobacco in Australia: Facts and issues. Melbourne: Cancer Council Victoria. [Accessed May 2019]; www.TobaccoInAustralia.org.au